As a dog mom, I’m always on the lookout for the best products for Leia, my eleven-year-old Maltipoo. When Petlab Co. offered to send a box full of products for her to try out, we were both excited!
The customer service was fantastic! They wanted to know about Leia so they could send products customized to her age, breed, preferences, and sensitivities. They even helped me figure out how much of the supplement tablets to give her, based on her weight.
So did Petlab Co.’s line of products impress Leia the Maltipoo? Here’s our review!
Petlab Co.’s Supplement Chews
Just like humans, dogs can benefit from additional supplements to boost their immunity, strength, flexibility, and other health factors. Petlab Co.’s convenient website organizes their products by animal — dogs and cats — as well as by categorizing what type of benefit you’re seeking for your pet.
They said I could easily cut both of these items if I wanted to give her a smaller dose since she only weighs six pounds. But the bottles also come with handy dosage instructions on the back.
Senior Vitality Chews
First, we tried the Senior Vitality Chews. These chews promote cognitive health, boost antioxidant support, and provide vital nutrients. To me, they smelled a bit gamey, but also like they would smell good to a dog. That made sense after reading that they are liver-flavored.
Although the bottom size dosage is “one chew for under 20 pounds,” of which Leia is way under, I’ve been giving her a full chew. I may cut them in half if she starts taking them every day, which would be very easy, as these are soft.
Leia really enjoyed these! It’s funny because, even though these are vitamin supplements, she reacts to them like treats. I suppose they’re the canine equivalent of gummy vitamins with an even better ingredient list and no artificial items or fillers.
Check out these key ingredients and purposes:
- Vitamin B12 can help to promote a healthy nervous system and brain function, as well as the formation of blood cells.
- Vitamin D3 helps regulate the calcium and phosphorus balance in your senior dog’s body. This aids bone formation and muscle control.
- Iron helps oxygenate red blood cells and promotes a healthy immune system and production of energy.
- Vitamin A, also found in carrots, is responsible for good vision, and it helps with overall health and wellbeing.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps defend against free radicals. It’s good for supporting immune system health and promoting a healthy coat and skin.
- Biotin supports the nervous system by aiding neurotransmission activity and nerve signal function. Biotin can work with vitamins to help protect cognitive health, improving memory and combating neurodegenerative disorders.
Joint Care Chews
Next up were the Joint Care Chews.
These smelled like bacon, both to me and to Leia. She loved these, which was great, as I felt less guilty after taking her on extremely long walks when I’d give her one of these.
These supplements seek to:
- Ease everyday joint stiffness
- Enhance joint & bone health
- Support flexibility & strength
- Promote a more active lifestyle
The Joint Care Chews came in cute little bone shapes. This dosage said to feed half a tablet per day for dogs under 25 pounds, so that’s what we did.
The bone shape made them easy to split just using my hand, but it was hard to get a completely even split. One nub usually just wanted to break off, instead of breaking in the middle of the bone. So I may use a knife in the future.
Leia loved these so much that she followed me around for at least ten minutes each time I fed her one, hoping for more. Sorry, little one, you’ve had enough joint care support today!
I was very pleased that, for both of these supplements, the ingredient lists were short, with high-quality and recognizable items. That’s something I look for for myself, too.
These are the key active ingredients and purposes for Joint Care Chews:
- Glucosamine (from shellfish) helps maintain synovial fluid that lubricates joints, helping to lessen friction during movement, whether sudden or sustained; fighting soreness and discomfort in both the short and long term.
- Green lipped mussels fight joint soreness and discomfort. This helps promote hip and joint flexibility while reducing soreness that limits movement and mobility.
- Salmon oil works to help maintain healthy joints, controlling stiffness, tenderness, and discomfort. Full of omega-3 fatty acids, it’s able to increase blood flow, which has a range of other unique health benefits.
- Turmeric is an all-natural ingredient that humans have been using in medicines for generations. In joint supplements for dogs, it combats stiffness, also enhancing healthy joint fluidity and maintaining mobility in damaged and arthritic joints.
- Calcium fructoborate helps to fight and alleviate joint and hip discomfort, as well as improve overall mobility and range of motion during activity and exercise.
Petlab Co.’s Dental Formula Water Additive
Although, in my eyes, Leia is perfect in every way, one of the chronic challenges little dogs like her face is dental issues. One item that can really help in the battle against tooth decay, gingivitis, and other dental challenges is a dental rinse water additive.
The best ones don’t change the taste of the water, so your dog will continue drinking as much water as they need. This one did have a scent, though not unpleasant, it just smelled “clean,” so I was curious how Leia would react.
Leia was used to another brand of dental rinse we’d been using before, so I wondered if that would help or hurt in her acceptance of this new additive. Her previous brand also had a “clean” scent, though it was different.
This couldn’t be easier to use. All you have to do is add one teaspoon of the additive per cup of water. Since Leia’s filtered water bowl takes six cups, that meant adding six teaspoons.
Leia’s vet said her filtered water bowl is great for dental additives, since it mixes the additive into the water with the constant water flow.
Petlab Co.’s dental rinse did not change her water intake at all, which is great! It’s so nice to know she can drink her water and also protect her dental health at the same time.
I have started brushing her teeth a few times a week, too, but the water additive’s constant assistance really helps. It reminds me of the fluoride added to our drinking water in America, helping our teeth stay healthy and strong without our even noticing it!
Petlab Co.’s Dental Formula water additive can be purchased on their website and at other major retailers.
The key ingredients on this formula were pretty impressive, too:
- Sodium Bicarbonate: Also known as baking soda, this natural ingredient is well-known for its teeth-cleaning abilities and is in fact used in some of the most well known human toothpaste on the market today, making it an ideal key ingredient in our canine dental formula. It is an effective, abrasive scrub that can aid in the removal of both tartar and plaque, reducing long-term buildup, supporting healthy gum tissue.
- Potassium Sorbate: Potassium is an excellent addition to our dental wash for dogs as it improves the bone mineral density in your dog’s teeth. It also has a positive effect on the overall strength of gums, improving oral health.
- Sodium benzoate is a highly effective plaque remover. One of the most important functions of this ingredient is that it can help to combat bacteria build-up, as well as toxic and potentially harmful plaque buildup that can accumulate over time.
Petlab Co.’s Krystal The Dog Toy
What a cute surprise awaited us in the box — Krystal the Dog Toy! This soft stuffed animal toy was a nice size without being heavy, and it had a surprise squeaker inside.
While Leia is strangely disinterested in toys in general, she did take to this one. Adorably, the dog toy was almost as big as her, and she seemed to enjoy sharing her bed with it.
Leia has a small mouth, with only about half of her teeth, just one trait that makes her a lover, not a fighter. That being said, she did not chew on this toy, so she wasn’t able to make that satisfying squeak. But she did look on with interest when I wriggled the toy in front of her and squeaked it.
Unsurprisingly, like the other items from this brand, this toy has only top ingredients. It’s made of 100 percent cotton and in a durable woven fabric.
A great price at only $10, you should definitely add this into your cart while stocking up on their health products and bring your pup a smile. I think this would even be a cute toy for an infant — no small or sharp components, very soft and snuggly, and squeaky.
What Else Does Petlab Co. Offer?
Leia and I loved the box of products Petlab Co. sent us to try out, and it’s amazing how much the brand has to offer. This is what they say about their brand info:
Much like human needs — dental, grooming, overall health, and more — Petlab Co. makes sure your pet is taken care of, from “hair care” to daily probiotics. Made with lots of love in the US, Petlab Co. products are designed and developed by a passionate team of dog/cat owners and lovers.
Petlab Co.’s offering includes vitamin supplements to grooming products, and their users can shop the e-commerce site via categories such as:
- Mobility – Joint Care Chews, Senior Vitality Chews, Joint & UTI Support
- Dental – Dog Dental Chews, Dental Formula Dog, Cat Dental Formula, Prebiotic Dental Sticks
- Grooming – Itch Relief For Dogs, Itch Relief Shampoo, Clear Ears Therapy, Fur Ball Remedy, Itch Relief Targeted Mousse
- Behavior – Calming Chews
- Overall health – Clear Eye Chews, Probiotic Chews, Dog Multivitamin, Heart Health Chews, Senior Vitality Chews, Omega Pro Rich, Joint & UTI Support, Aller-Omega Chew, Puppy All-In-One Vitamin, Brain Support Chews
- Food – Digestive Support Bites, Salmon Bites For Dogs, Superfood Training Treats
- Essentials – Poop Bags, Poop Bags + Holder, Krystal The Dog Toy
Thank you to Petlab Co., from Leia and me, for the opportunity to try some of your amazing products. I’m sure we’ll need to restock once we run out if Leia has anything to say about it!
Have you ever tried Petlab Co.’s products? Which one is your dog’s favorite? Let us know in the comments below!