One of the best ways to reassure your dog that all is calm and well during times of stress and crises is to lavish them with a little extra time and attention. Here are five great toys to help you bond with your dog during shelter in place.
Tick populations and instances of tick-borne illnesses are on the rise. It’s important that you know how to keep your dog safe from ticks and their bites by learning what to watch out for where you live, how to avoid ticks, and what to do if you find a tick on your dog.
Dogs are there for us without question, and their companionship and love mean everything. That’s why when they need us, we do whatever it takes to help them. Here are seven videos of humans going above and beyond to rescue dogs from danger.
Thankfully, modern dog beds offer up many solutions for the achy senior dog in your life, including memory foam beds, orthopedic dog beds, and even soothing cooling dog beds! Here are five dog beds that offer stylish and comforting respite and relaxation for your beloved senior pooch.
Mange is a skin disease in dogs that can be caused by several different species of mites that burrow into the skin and cause severe itchiness and other problems. Mange can even cause lesions, scales, and problems with the immune system. Here’s what you should know.
Now that spring is here and April is bringing its showers, your pup could probably use some fun indoor activities to fight the boredom. Fortunately, there a few things you can do inside–or even outside–on a rainy day that may keep your dog mentally and physically in shape!
Latest News and Reviews
There are sometimes shared traits among groups of people. Fortunately for dog people, pretty much all of those clichés are nothing but awesome. Here are five positive stereotypes about dog people that almost always totally true.
Prednisone and prednisolone are steroids that can be used for dogs to treat inflammation and suppress the immune system. They treat a wide variety of diseases and disorders in dogs and veterinarians can prescribe them for many conditions.
Diabetic ketoacidosis in dogs, sometimes shortened to DKA, is a deadly medical emergency that happens when there’s not enough insulin in the body to regulate levels of blood sugar, known as glucose. It requires immediate treatment before it becomes fatal.
It’s Easter season again, and every good dog deserves a visit from the Easter Bunny and a basket full of presents! There are plenty of treats, toys, apparel items, and supplies that are perfect for the holiday and will have your dog hopping for joy.
No matter what kind of personality your pup might have, one thing is for sure—they all have their silly moments. Here are ten dogs acting plain silly and having a great time doing it. Share with someone who needs a smile!
Studies indicate that there is a correlation between anxious behavior in dogs and anxiety in humans who are close to them. Are you anxious and worried your dog might be affected? Here’s what you can do about it.
What you can find here on DogTime
- At DogTime, our mission is to keep dogs out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their dogs, very happy and healthy.
- DogTime covers all things dog. Our extensive pure- and mixed-breed profiles include the history and evaluation of various dog breed characteristics--such as behaviors, shedding, adaptability--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- For those looking to take the plunge and adopt a four-legged friend, take the matchup quiz and questionnaire to find the pooch who best fits your lifestyle and interests. You can even check local shelters in your zip code using our adoption page. And don't forget the extensive lists of dog names by breed, theme, and other categories.
- We also feature expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising puppies, housetraining, dog health, product reviews, and more, with answers provided by notable and respected veterinarians, trainers, behaviorists, pet lovers, and specialists.
- For more relaxed fare, the dog video and dog picture pages are stocked with videos and images of everything from funny and cute dogs to how-to's, product reviews, and training.
- Make sure and check the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the dog world, product and food recalls, important legislation, and other information that impacts dog owners.