August 5th is Work Like A Dog Day — a day to celebrate those of us who are dedicated, tenacious, and hardworking. Certainly that describes many dogs out there, but not these pups. Here are nine dogs who are hardly working instead of working hard.
More and more dog parents are relying on titer testing to determine if yearly vaccinations are necessary, though it can be controversial. Here’s what you should know about titer testing and what it means for vaccinating your dog.
Most dogs love the outdoors, and on a hike, they’re able to stretch their legs and explore the world around them. But before you take your dog out on the trail, there are few things you need to consider. Here are six things you need when going on a hike with your dog.
Trifexis is a medication for dogs that kills fleas and prevents infestation, prevents heartworm, and treats and prevents many kinds of worm infestations. It has a controversial history. Here’s what you should know about this drug.
August is National Peach Month — a perfect time to share a juicy, sweet peach treat with your dog. Peaches are full of healthy vitamins and nutrients for your pooch. Here are six delicious peach dog treat recipes to celebrate.
Dating a dog lover is one of the best things in the world, in my unbiased opinion. However, there definitely are some things you should know before dating someone who adores their dog. Here’s some advice.
Latest News and Reviews
Hurricane season in the US usually lasts from June to November, and it’s important to prepared for an emergency and possible evacuation with a plan that includes your pets. If you live in an area where hurricanes are known to hit, keep yourself, your family, and your dogs safe.
Fluconazole is an anti-fungal medication often used to treat yeast fungal infections in dogs. Its most common use is to treat skin infections, but it can also treat fungal infections in organs or elsewhere in dogs’ bodies. Here’s what you should know.
You may not have heard of “Dogust” yet, but it’s coming up on August 1st! Dogust is the unofficial birthday celebration for all shelter dogs whose exact birthdays are unknown. If you adopted a dog from the shelter and don’t know their exact birthday, then join in on the celebration!
August 3rd is National Watermelon Day — a day to celebrate one of the sweetest, yummiest fruits you can share with your dog. Watermelons are full of vitamins and nutrients that are healthy for your pup! Here are some fun, healthy ways to serve them.
Can dogs eat peaches? The short answer is yes, dogs can eat peaches, but before you serve your dog some of this yummy fruit, there are some things you should know. Now is an especially good time to learn about dogs and peaches, as August is actually National Peach Month!
A squamous cell carcinoma is a malignant tumor in the epidermal layer of a dog’s skin. It can appear on the skin, in the nail beds of the toes, or in the mouth. Here’s what you should know.
What you can find here on DogTime
- At DogTime, our mission is to keep dogs out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their dogs, very happy and healthy.
- DogTime covers all things dog. Our extensive pure- and mixed-breed profiles include the history and evaluation of various dog breed characteristics--such as behaviors, shedding, adaptability--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- For those looking to take the plunge and adopt a four-legged friend, take the matchup quiz and questionnaire to find the pooch who best fits your lifestyle and interests. You can even check local shelters in your zip code using our adoption page. And don't forget the extensive lists of dog names by breed, theme, and other categories.
- We also feature expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising puppies, housetraining, dog health, product reviews, and more, with answers provided by notable and respected veterinarians, trainers, behaviorists, pet lovers, and specialists.
- For more relaxed fare, the dog video and dog picture pages are stocked with videos and images of everything from funny and cute dogs to how-to's, product reviews, and training.
- Make sure and check the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the dog world, product and food recalls, important legislation, and other information that impacts dog owners.