If a dog you love is a fan of sports–or if their owner is a sports fanatic–you’re in luck because this list of some of the best sports-themed dog gifts will score you some big points. Here are some of our favorite holiday gifts for dogs who love sports.
Is chewing a destructive behavior? Here’s the simplest answer: Only if your dog is chewing on the wrong thing. Making sure your dog chews only on appropriate things will help keep them–and your belongings–safe. Here are a few ways you can redirect your dog’s chewing and put a stop to the unwanted behavior.
Can dogs eat potato chips? The short answer is no. Dogs may be able to safely eat potato chips depending on the amount eaten, but it’s still not good for them. Here’s what you should know about potato chips and why they’re not appropriate for dogs to eat.
Hyperkalemia in dogs happens when potassium levels in the bloodstream are higher than normal. Here’s what you should know.
Are you looking for fun, themed cocktails for your holiday party? Check out these ten delicious dog-themed cocktails that will give any holiday party lots of bark! Your human guests will definitely “stay” with these pup-inspired libations, and they’ll want to “fetch” a few more!
When it comes to the furry friends and family members at our celebrations, we need to take some extra care to keep them safe. Before you defrost the Thanksgiving turkey and welcome your guests, here are some tips all dog and cat owners should keep in mind this holiday season.
Latest News and Reviews
Liver cancer in dogs is a tumorous growth in the lining of the liver, which is the organ responsible for removing toxins for the body, aiding in digestion, and helping with blood clotting. If you see the signs, get to your vet immediately. The earlier it’s caught, the better the chances of recovery.
Kaopectate, also known as kaolin/pectin, is a drug that can be used to treat mild diarrhea in dogs. It’s available over the counter without a prescription, but you must always consult your veterinarian before providing any kind of drug to your dog. Here’s what you should know.
The holidays are all about sharing food with family, but who says you can’t cook for your dog? They’re your family, too, after all! Whether it’s Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, New Year’s, or any of the other big fall and winter holidays, your pup deserves a special treat!
November is Adopt A Senior Pet Month! As our dogs get older we often see different age-related ailments that can cause our pups pain and discomfort. If you’re considering bringing home a sweet, old pooch this month, we’ve got a few tips that will help when it comes to caring for your senior dog.
It’s almost winter, and if you live in an area with a cold winter climate, the daylight might not be the only thing getting shorter. On really cold days, your walks might start getting shorter, as well. Here are ten fun indoor gifts to keep your pup busy through the winter months!
Hydronephrosis in dogs happens when one or both kidneys are swollen due to a buildup of urine, which happens when fluid can’t properly drain from the kidney to the bladder for release. This can occur due to a variety of reasons, including kidney obstruction, kidney stones, tumors, disease, or injury.
What you can find here on DogTime
- At DogTime, our mission is to keep dogs out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their dogs, very happy and healthy.
- DogTime covers all things dog. Our extensive pure- and mixed-breed profiles include the history and evaluation of various dog breed characteristics--such as behaviors, shedding, adaptability--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- For those looking to take the plunge and adopt a four-legged friend, take the matchup quiz and questionnaire to find the pooch who best fits your lifestyle and interests. You can even check local shelters in your zip code using our adoption page. And don't forget the extensive lists of dog names by breed, theme, and other categories.
- We also feature expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising puppies, housetraining, dog health, product reviews, and more, with answers provided by notable and respected veterinarians, trainers, behaviorists, pet lovers, and specialists.
- For more relaxed fare, the dog video and dog picture pages are stocked with videos and images of everything from funny and cute dogs to how-to's, product reviews, and training.
- Make sure and check the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the dog world, product and food recalls, important legislation, and other information that impacts dog owners.