DogTime visited Community Animal Rescue Effort’s (C.A.R.E.) Strut for Strays, a 2.5 mile walk through the Skokie Northshore Sculpture Park in Illinois. The event helped raise money for strays and unwanted cats and dogs in C.A.R.E.’s care!
What if your dog suddenly doesn’t feel right during or after a car ride? Dog motion sickness is real, and it can happen even during the shortest car rides. Preventing canine car sickness, and even treating it, can help make that trip to the dog park or anywhere else a lot more pleasant.
The summer weather brings a lot of opportunities to have fun outside with your pup, but it also brings mosquitoes. Here are some of the dangers of mosquito bites for dogs, some preventative measures you can take, and some ways to treat mosquito bites on dogs when you spot them.
June 8th is National Best Friends Day, and who better to spend it with than your best furry friend? Of course, we celebrate our love for our dogs all year long, but it’s great to have any excuse to do a little bit extra for our pups and show them how much we care.
It can be tough to spend your time caring for a pup, fall in love, and then have to say goodbye when they eventually go to a forever home, but there are so many good things that happen when you foster a dog, too.
Now that the weather is warming up, boaters and dog lovers are spending more time out on the water. There are many potential dangers when boating, so take care of your pooch when you bring them along for a boat ride.
Latest News and Reviews
Most dog owners can tell you that the head tilt means a dog is intrigued and experiencing something out of the ordinary. But why do they do it? Well, there are a few reasons your dog might be doing that adorable tip of the noggin.
There are times when we have to travel and our pups can’t come along for the trip. At some point you have to just trust the Universe and have a good time, and that’s easier to do when you know you’ve taken a few emergency precautions.
We are all incredibly busy people, but is it really necessary to be on your phone while you walk your dog? Here are five reasons why you should unplug for your dog walks.
There aren’t many people who expect their dogs to go out and get jobs, and that’s a good thing. If dogs entered the work force en masse, a lot of us humans would be out of our jobs because a canine could probably do what we do better.
Bath time can be trickier for senior dogs who deal with arthritis, skin conditions, blindness, and more. When bathing your senior dog, you should make every effort to get them as comfortable as possible, work with their medical needs, and reduce anxiety.
In our efforts to prepare potential dog adopters for the responsibility, are we actually scaring them off? How can we educate and make sure adopters are ready? Here are a few ways we can educate and prepare potential dog adopters without scaring them away from dog ownership entirely.
What you can find here on DogTime
- At DogTime, our mission is to keep dogs out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their dogs, very happy and healthy.
- DogTime covers all things dog. Our extensive pure- and mixed-breed profiles include the history and evaluation of various dog breed characteristics--such as behaviors, shedding, adaptability--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- For those looking to take the plunge and adopt a four-legged friend, take the matchup quiz and questionnaire to find the pooch who best fits your lifestyle and interests. You can even check local shelters in your zip code using our adoption page. And don't forget the extensive lists of dog names by breed, theme, and other categories.
- We also feature expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising puppies, housetraining, dog health, product reviews, and more, with answers provided by notable and respected veterinarians, trainers, behaviorists, pet lovers, and specialists.
- For more relaxed fare, the dog video and dog picture pages are stocked with videos and images of everything from funny and cute dogs to how-to's, product reviews, and training.
- Make sure and check the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the dog world, product and food recalls, important legislation, and other information that impacts dog owners.