January 21st is officially Squirrel Appreciation Day! The relationship between dog and squirrel can be one-sided in many cases, but there are also many dog and squirrel friendships that exist. Here are ten videos that chronicle the complex relationship between dogs and squirrels.
Fetch is a great form of both mental and physical exercise. When structured properly, it’s also a terrific way to practice impulse control and consistent obedience. If your dog doesn’t know how to play fetch, don’t worry. Just about any dog can learn with a bit of training.
It’s hard to know when your dog may be sick or in pain because they don’t communicate the way people do. Here are a few signs to see if your dog is experiencing a tooth infection!
Kaopectate, also known as kaolin/pectin, is a drug that can be used to treat mild diarrhea in dogs. It’s available over the counter without a prescription, but you must always consult your veterinarian before providing any kind of drug to your dog. Here’s what you should know.
Do you want to take professional-looking photos of your dog? We asked pet photographer Mark Rogers for his best tricks for taking high-quality dog pictures — without getting into complicated stuff like f-stops and shutter speed. Here are our favorites tips.
Shih Tzus are true companion dogs. Bred for centuries to be man’s best friend, it’s no wonder that Shih Tzu puppies are among the most popular of tiny breeds. Are you thinking about bringing a Shih Tzu puppy into your life? Read on to see what to expect!
Latest News and Reviews
Can dogs eat potatoes? The answer is both yes and no. Like most things that both we eat and our dogs eat, much of the answer lies in the preparation of the food item in question. Here’s what you should know about dogs and potatoes.
The short answer is yes, female dogs do get periods if they have not been spayed. Although, the way female dogs experience their periods and menstrual cycles is different from the way humans do. Here’s everything you need to know.
Gaining a dog’s trust is one of the most important factors in any relationship between a human and a canine. This is especially so if you’re meeting a rescue dog who might have been mistreated before, or one who hasn’t been correctly socialized. Here are a few steps you can take to earn a dog’s trust.
So should we be worried about our pups and snoring? The short answer is it depends. Though it might be normal for some dog breeds, it can be a concern for others and a warning sign that they might need a visit to their veterinarian to get checked. Here’s what you should know.
Can dogs eat potato chips? The short answer is no. Dogs may be able to safely eat potato chips depending on the amount eaten, but it’s still not good for them. Here’s what you should know about potato chips and why they’re not appropriate for dogs to eat.
In short, the answer is yes, dogs can get sore throats. Along with it being a symptom of kennel cough, dogs can also get pain in their throats due to a range of diseases, including bacterial and viral infections. Here’s what you need to know.
What you can find here on DogTime
- At DogTime, our mission is to keep dogs out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their dogs, very happy and healthy.
- DogTime covers all things dog. Our extensive pure- and mixed-breed profiles include the history and evaluation of various dog breed characteristics--such as behaviors, shedding, adaptability--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- For those looking to take the plunge and adopt a four-legged friend, take the matchup quiz and questionnaire to find the pooch who best fits your lifestyle and interests. You can even check local shelters in your zip code using our adoption page. And don't forget the extensive lists of dog names by breed, theme, and other categories.
- We also feature expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising puppies, housetraining, dog health, product reviews, and more, with answers provided by notable and respected veterinarians, trainers, behaviorists, pet lovers, and specialists.
- For more relaxed fare, the dog video and dog picture pages are stocked with videos and images of everything from funny and cute dogs to how-to's, product reviews, and training.
- Make sure and check the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the dog world, product and food recalls, important legislation, and other information that impacts dog owners.