October 26th is Howl At The Moon Day! Do dogs really howl more at a full moon? Do they think it’s a ball that they’ll never be able to fetch? Here are a few of the reasons your pooch gets loud like a lunar lunatic and howls at the moon.
The answer to that question is no, you cannot give ibuprofen to your dog unless your veterinarian specifically instructs you to do so. This includes brand names of ibuprofen, such as Advil, Motrin, and Midol. Overdose of ibuprofen in dogs can be fatal. Here’s what you should know.
As we get closer to Halloween, it may be easy to jump to the scary conclusion that your dog has turned into a werewolf. Even more alarming is the fact that October 26th is Howl At The Moon Day, a day that werewolves are sure to observe. Here’s what to look for.
Cherry eye in dogs happens when the nictitans gland, which normally sits behind your dog’s third eyelid, prolapses, meaning it moves out of place. A dog’s third eyelid protects their eyes, but sometimes the gland behind the eyelid can become irritated and pop out. Here’s what you should know.
One of our DogTime fans has questions for Dear Labby about her new dog’s fear of Halloween commotion! Is it okay to ward off Trick-Or-Treaters who might upset her pooch? Dear Labby has the answer!
A trending topic among dog lovers is rotating their pups’ protein sources. This basically means you change the protein source of your dog’s food periodically: on a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule. But why should you do it? And how? Here’s what you should know.
Latest News and Reviews
The answer to that question is yes, you can give Imodium to your dog, but not without consulting your veterinarian. That’s because there are many circumstances where Imodium might actually be harmful to your dog. Here’s what you should know.
Tetanus in dogs refers to a condition caused by toxins produced by a bacteria called Clostridium tetani. The condition can end up affecting the functions of the dog’s spinal cord, brain, and nerves. Here’s what you should know.
Beagles are one of the top ten most popular dog breeds in America and are adored for their curious, warm personalities. Beagle puppies especially turn heads with their cute looks, too! Here are some adorable pictures and a few facts you should know before you adopt a Beagle puppy.
One of our DogTime fans has questions for Dear Labby about a dog’s gurgling tummy! Is it a cause for concern? Should they go to the vet? Treat it at home? Our dear Aunt Labby has some advice!
The answer to that question is no, you cannot give your dog Tylenol unless your veterinarian specifically instructs you to do so. Tylenol can cause serious side effects in dogs, even in small doses, and the results can be fatal.
Open fontanel refers to a condition where the affected dog has a hole in their skull. The hole is due to the dog’s bone junctions not fusing together properly. Because of this hole, the brain may be exposed to injuries, and the hole might also contribute to a condition called hydrocephalus.
What you can find here on DogTime
- At DogTime, our mission is to keep dogs out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their dogs, very happy and healthy.
- DogTime covers all things dog. Our extensive pure- and mixed-breed profiles include the history and evaluation of various dog breed characteristics--such as behaviors, shedding, adaptability--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- For those looking to take the plunge and adopt a four-legged friend, take the matchup quiz and questionnaire to find the pooch who best fits your lifestyle and interests. You can even check local shelters in your zip code using our adoption page. And don't forget the extensive lists of dog names by breed, theme, and other categories.
- We also feature expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising puppies, housetraining, dog health, product reviews, and more, with answers provided by notable and respected veterinarians, trainers, behaviorists, pet lovers, and specialists.
- For more relaxed fare, the dog video and dog picture pages are stocked with videos and images of everything from funny and cute dogs to how-to's, product reviews, and training.
- Make sure and check the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the dog world, product and food recalls, important legislation, and other information that impacts dog owners.