Animal lovers are likely feeling a little helpless because their usual methods of supporting shelters, like volunteering or going to shelter events, are on pause. And some of us just don’t have the resources to foster or adopt. Here are a few ways you can help animal shelters instead during the pandemic!
Easter baskets and bunnies may be mostly for human kids, but your dog doesn’t have to miss out on all the Easter festivities. An Easter egg hunt is a great way for your dog to use their nose, get some exercise, and enjoy the spring weather!
There’s nothing like having your beloved dog to keep you company. But it’s also vital that you grant your resident pooch a little personal space from time to time. Adding some comfort items and canine furniture can be an easy and thoughtful way to do so.
Dilated cardiomyopathy in dogs happens when the heart can’t properly contract, which leads to blood backing up in the heart chambers, causing the heart to enlarge. In many cases, dilated cardiomyopathy is fatal. Here’s what you should know.
If your dog is acting “off” and suddenly falls to the ground with spasms, there’s a good chance your dog is having a seizure. Unfortunately, not all dog seizure symptoms are as obvious as muscle spasms and involuntary twitching. Here are seven signs that your dog is having a seizure.
Dogs are part of the family, and we don’t want to exclude them on Easter, but it’s important to be cautious when there are a lot of people and distractions. Veterinarian Dr. Danielle Bernal gives dog owners some Easter safety advice for keeping pooches out of danger.
Latest News and Reviews
Whiskers have dense nerve endings packed into the base of their follicles that send signals to a dog’s brain. They’re highly sensitive to things like air currents and temperature changes. But if your dog’s whiskers are so important, why do they fall out? Here’s what you should know.
Von Willebrand disease in dogs is a hereditary bleeding disorder. If left untreated, the disease can lead to excessive bleeding and even death. Here’s what you should know.
Gabapentin can be used for dogs as a treatment for seizures or chronic pain by amplifying the effects of other medications. It may also be known by the brand name Neurontin. Here’s what you should know.
Easter is on the way! It’s a holiday we celebrate with our friends and family, including our furry family members. Here are 25 pictures of Easter dogs who are ready to hunt for eggs, open their baskets of presents, and pose with their bunny friends!
The stars are a lot like our dogs. They are dependable and helpful, and they can guide us when we need them. It’s no wonder that even ancient astronomers saw the familiar shapes of our canine friends in the sky.
A blood loss of as little as two teaspoons per pound of body weight is enough to cause a dog to go into shock. Every dog owner should know how to control or stop bleeding, even if it’s just long enough to get a dog to the veterinarian.
What you can find here on DogTime
- At DogTime, our mission is to keep dogs out of shelters and get them adopted to good homes by providing novice and experienced owners alike with the important information needed to make them, and their dogs, very happy and healthy.
- DogTime covers all things dog. Our extensive pure- and mixed-breed profiles include the history and evaluation of various dog breed characteristics--such as behaviors, shedding, adaptability--and what they mean for a potential owner.
- For those looking to take the plunge and adopt a four-legged friend, take the matchup quiz and questionnaire to find the pooch who best fits your lifestyle and interests. You can even check local shelters in your zip code using our adoption page. And don't forget the extensive lists of dog names by breed, theme, and other categories.
- We also feature expert advice on a variety of topics, including training, raising puppies, housetraining, dog health, product reviews, and more, with answers provided by notable and respected veterinarians, trainers, behaviorists, pet lovers, and specialists.
- For more relaxed fare, the dog video and dog picture pages are stocked with videos and images of everything from funny and cute dogs to how-to's, product reviews, and training.
- Make sure and check the homepage for breaking news articles and features covering the latest happenings in the dog world, product and food recalls, important legislation, and other information that impacts dog owners.