Is your dog on a diet? Are you looking for some low-calorie treats to reward your pup without worrying about them gaining weight? Well don’t worry because our friend Chef Henry the Pom has a dog treat recipe that’ll make your pooch’s mouth water!
Watch the video above and follow along to make some yummy snacks for your hungry hound. They’ll be eating healthier without even knowing it!
If Henry’s paws are moving a little too fast or you prefer to read along with the recipe, take a look at the full instructions below.
Chef Henry’s Low-Calorie Dog Treats Recipe
It’s easy to make this recipe for homemade dog treats. You can follow along with Henry’s video at the top of this article!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- A medium-sized Banana
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Applesauce
- 1 ½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1. Preheat you oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl to form the dough.
- 3. Roll the dough out until it’s about 1/4 inch thick.
- 4. Use a cookie cutter to make cookie shapess. Smaller dogs should get smaller cookies, or you can break them into pieces for any size dog.
- 5. Use non-stick spray to coat the baking pan.
- 6. Bake the cookies at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 7. Let them cool and serve them up!
We hope your pups enjoy these treats from Chef Henry! Our doggy taste testers sure loved them!
Have you ever made treats for your dog? Do you have any dog treat recipes? Let us know in the comments below!
Click the bold links in the article to shop and support our content!