Each dog has its own unique personality and people can use these tips to keep their pup happy so their personality continues to shine. Here is a list of 10 guaranteed doings that will keep your canine character content for many years to come.
1. Take your dog for a walk. Even if you have a home with a large yard, nothing replaces the bonding experience that dogs get from a walk with their pack leader. Get out the leash and take your pup on a walk, hike, jog or explore a new dog park you’ve never been to. It’ll be good for both of you!
2. Play with your pup. Seems like a no-brainer but sometimes we all need to be reminded to enjoy the present moment. A simple game of fetch, tug of war with their favorite toy or an old sock, hiding treats around the house, or a few minutes of doggie tag where you take turns chasing each other back and forth will lift a dog’s spirits and your own.
3. Give them something to chew on for healthy teeth and gums. Dogs love eating and chewing on things so it’s important to keep those pearly whites clean and strong. Treats like Natural Balance Dental Chews will keep those chompers in tip top shape.
4. Protect your furry family members from fleas, ticks and other insects. This one is especially important this time of year. Keeping your dog free from pests will help stop all that scratching and reduce the chance for painful hotspots.
5. Take your pup for a joyride. Find a dog friendly hotel and take your pup for a weekend getaway or find a dog friendly restaurant in your area and have a doggie lunch date!
6. Make sure your dog has a collar with up-to-date tags and a microchip. That way if he gets lost, he’ll always have a way of getting back to you.
7. Give your dog lots of love and cuddle time. Dogs are affectionate pack animals; they love lying near your feet or on the sofa with you. Be sure to spend a little time every day stroking them and letting them know that you are thinking about them and they are appreciated and cherished.
8. Keep your dog cool in the summer heat. Make sure your dog has access to fresh water and shade at all times and of course, never leave your dog alone in a car, not even with the windows down. It’s always better to take doggie with you into the store or leave them at home if you are going out to run errands in the summer heat.
9. Take your dog to the vet for regular check ups. Talk to your vet about any strange behavior and ask about the best ways to keep your dog’s coat, ears, claws and everything else groomed, clean and functioning properly. Make sure your pup is up-to-date on vaccinations, especially if you take them to the dog park.
10. Balanced diet and nutrition. It’s important to feed your pup a premium balanced food that is high in protein and grain free like Natural Balance® Wild Pursuit™. Quality food that nourishes them through all life stages plays an important part in keeping your pup healthy so they can live a long and joyful life.
What are some other secrets you can share to having a happy dog?
Sponsored by Natural Balance®, Food with substance for dogs with character.™