About Dog Names
Serious or silly, evocative or ironic — whatever you decide to christen your dog, it better be something you're comfortable both printing on veterinary forms as well as yelling at the top of your lungs from the other side of the park.
Fortunately, whatever you end up choosing matters not one iota to the dog. But if you're hoping for the respect of other owners, it's best to steer clear of Sir Humps-A-Lot, Lady McDroolie, and Mr. Puddles.
Articles In This Topic
- January 23rd, 2015Does your pet dog or cat have a unique name? See how it stacks up against 100 odd monikers from a list of more than 500,000 registered animals in a pet-insurance database.
- January 15th, 2015According to a major pet insurance company, the name of a female character from the Twilight franchise is once again the most popular for dogs and cats.
- August 11th, 2014A list of all Major League Baseball teams from the National and American League and the fictional dogs whose personalities best embody those franchises as per ESPN.
- June 26th, 2014Disney Princesses are one of the most prized franchises in the house that Walt built, and those characters have names that would be perfect for a pet dog or cat.
- January 17th, 2014The 50 weirdest cat names and the 50 weirdest dog names for 2013 from the largest pet insurance company; would you name your cat Catsanova? How about Otterpop for your dog?
- January 12th, 2014VPI Pet Insurance released its list of the most popular names for dogs and cats for 2013, and once again the Twilight fans have spoken, with Bella continuing her reign.
- January 8th, 2013VPI Pet Insurance has released its list of the most popular names for dogs, cats, birds, and exotic pets for 2012; once again, Bella (from Twilight) reigns supreme.
- January 7th, 2013The 50 weirdest dog names and the 50 weirdest cat names, according to VPI pet insurance; would you name your dog Yikes? Does you cat look like a Bean Bag?
- November 14th, 2012Breaking Dawn — Part 2 is upon us, but before you contemplate a life of emptiness after seeing the movie, the spirit can live on in these dog and cat names.
- September 28th, 2012Looking for a distinctive name for your pet — how about Woofers O Farrel for a dog, and Doctor Doom for a cat? Here are 100 weird names culled from a pet insurance database.