Spay & Neuter
If you're cringing after reading this last sentence, consider this: the surgery provides many health and behavior benefits, and you won't find yourself with a bunch of puppies who need homes other than yours.
Next, throw out the persistent myth that sterilization changes a dog's temperament. In fact, dogs will be just as playful, friendly, aloof, timid, happy, anxious, silly, affectionate, food-motivated, or gentle as before being fixed. The only difference is males will be less likely to be aggressive and to roam.
Most read stories in this section
All stories in this section
- Adoption can be just a conversation away
With a little bit of research, perspective dog adopters can avoid puppy mills.
- Animal crusader takes on overcrowded animal shelters
The bill that would make fixing your pets the law in California was actually born far away in a New...
- Coming soon: Non-surgical dog neutering
Could the surgical procedure to neuter a dog soon become a thing of the past?
- Former ‘Bachelor’ star to help control dog population
Lorenzo Borghese will donate funds from his pet spa franchise to help control the dog population.
- Houston’s dirty, furry secret
Houston has a problem: too many stray dogs and cats are wandering the streets.
- Myths and facts about spaying and neutering
Spaying or neutering your dog is a big decision -- we separate the fact from fiction.
- National Shelter Appreciation Week 2013
National Shelter Appreciation Week — find out how you can help your local animal facility.
- Spay Day brings awareness to pet overpopulation problem
It's Spay Day, which highlights the importance of spaying and neutering pet animals.
- Spaying or neutering your cat: Why it makes sense
Here's what to expect when you spay or neuter your pet cat (and why you should do it).
- Spaying or neutering your dog
Pet ownership comes with responsibilities including the responsibility to spay or neuter your dog.
- Why spaying or neutering is important
Spaying or neutering your dog has vast benefits aside from population control.
Spay & Neuter Experts Questions and Answers
QUESTION: Is the spay or neuter operation painful?
latest news & articles
offers from our sponsors