Considering a Boston Terrier? While every dog is an individual, it can’t hurt to know a few things about the breed’s reputation before deciding to make one part of your family. For the Boston Terrier in a nutshell, check out our list of highlights below. And for an-depth look at the history and personality of this type of dog, take a look at our Boston Terrier breed profile.
Boston Terriers… the good stuff
- These dogs are exceptionally affectionate and devoted to their human family.
- Boston Terriers are intelligent and like to please, making them relatively easy to train.
- Zealous and intense, Boston Terriers display a zest for life.
- Boston Terriers are generally well-suited to apartment living.
- Boston Terriers are not big shedders and are relatively easy to groom.
Boston Terriers… don’t say we didn’t warn you
- Boston Terriers are highly energetic and quite playful. They require a lot of exercise to be kept happy (not to mention, manageable).
- Sensitive types, Boston Terriers require patient and gentle handling and training.
- Boston Terriers can be mouthy. Start training bite inhibition early.
- Curious, with a healthy prey drive, Boston Terriers have a tendency to want to roam. Off-leash training is a must.