TERM OF THE DAY
Acute moist dermatitis
Is a red and inflamed area of skin that is caused by a bacterial infection. The more common name of this health concern is hot spots. Acute moist dermatitis can usually be treated with a topical rub and green apple spray can be administered around the spot to keep the dog from chewing it.
Popular dog definitions
- A yearly vaccine once your puppy reaches adulthood that is administered to immunize your dog against (D)distemper, (H)hepatitis, (L)...(continued)
- Xiphoid Process
- The smallest of part on the sternum it is a piece of cartilage that runs below the manubrium and gladiolus.
- Scissors Bite
- When the inner side of the upper incisors meet the outer side of the lower incisors during a bite.
- Hare Foot
- A foot that resembles a hare's foot with the two center digits being longer than the inside and outside toes and a lack of arching...(continued)
- Also known as the Occipital Protuberance, it is the bony section of the skull that is located at the back of the topskull. It can...(continued)
- The placement, number and kind of teeth in a set. For a canine this includes the incisors, canines, premolars and molars, which...(continued)
- Also known as the pants, culottes or trousers, it is a term used to describe the longer fringe-like hair on the upper and lower...(continued)
- Mad Dog
- A common term used to describe a dog that is rabid.
- Umbilical Hernia
- Umbilical Hernia is a condition that is present at birth where abdominal fat or internal organs protrude against the...(continued)
- Seborrhea is a skin disorder that is categorized as two types. They are known as Seborrhea oleosa, oily skin or Seborrhea Sicca,...(continued)
latest news & articles
offers from our sponsors