TERM OF THE DAY
Occurs when the gland that is located in the canine's third eyelid, prolapses out and can be seen as a reddened mass at the inner corner of the dogs eye. The treatment for Cherry Eye can be one of two types of surgery. One surgery is attaching the gland in place with a single stitch and the other is the removal of a wedge of tissue, which results in a tightening that pushes the gland back in place after the surgery has healed. Both surgeries have possible complications and it is important to discuss the risks with your veterinarian before deciding on a surgery.
Popular dog definitions
- A yearly vaccine once your puppy reaches adulthood that is administered to immunize your dog against (D)distemper, (H)hepatitis, (L)...(continued)
- Xiphoid Process
- The smallest of part on the sternum it is a piece of cartilage that runs below the manubrium and gladiolus.
- Scissors Bite
- When the inner side of the upper incisors meet the outer side of the lower incisors during a bite.
- Hare Foot
- A foot that resembles a hare's foot with the two center digits being longer than the inside and outside toes and a lack of arching...(continued)
- Also known as the Occipital Protuberance, it is the bony section of the skull that is located at the back of the topskull. It can...(continued)
- The placement, number and kind of teeth in a set. For a canine this includes the incisors, canines, premolars and molars, which...(continued)
- Date of Whelping
- 1. The birth date of the litter 2. a estimated date that the litter is expected to be whelped. Breeders will often give...(continued)
- Also known as the pants, culottes or trousers, it is a term used to describe the longer fringe-like hair on the upper and lower...(continued)
- Whelp Date
- The estimated date that the dam will be delivering her puppies on.
- Mad Dog
- A common term used to describe a dog that is rabid.
latest news & articles
offers from our sponsors