TERM OF THE DAY
A zoonotic disease that can affect a wide range of animals and humans as well that is caused by spirochetes of the genus Leptospira. Symptoms include jaundice, nephritis, fever and an enlargement of the spleen.
Popular dog definitions
- A yearly vaccine once your puppy reaches adulthood that is administered to immunize your dog against (D)distemper, (H)hepatitis, (L)...(continued)
- Xiphoid Process
- The smallest of part on the sternum it is a piece of cartilage that runs below the manubrium and gladiolus.
- Scissors Bite
- When the inner side of the upper incisors meet the outer side of the lower incisors during a bite.
- Hare Foot
- A foot that resembles a hare's foot with the two center digits being longer than the inside and outside toes and a lack of arching...(continued)
- The placement, number and kind of teeth in a set. For a canine this includes the incisors, canines, premolars and molars, which...(continued)
- Also known as the Occipital Protuberance, it is the bony section of the skull that is located at the back of the topskull. It can...(continued)
- Also known as the pants, culottes or trousers, it is a term used to describe the longer fringe-like hair on the upper and lower...(continued)
- Mad Dog
- A common term used to describe a dog that is rabid.
- Date of Whelping
- 1. The birth date of the litter 2. a estimated date that the litter is expected to be whelped. Breeders will often give...(continued)
- Umbilical Hernia
- Umbilical Hernia is a condition that is present at birth where abdominal fat or internal organs protrude against the...(continued)
latest news & articles
offers from our sponsors