Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg has a new puppy. Time Magazine’s 2010 Man of the Year and his longtime girlfriend, Priscilla Chan, brought home a two-month-old purebred Puli. They’ve christened the pup Beast and, of course, set up his own Facebook page.
Our top 5 pieces of advice here at DogTime?
1. Neuter the pup. (It’s good for his health, plus there’s no chance he’ll add to the problem of pet homelessness.
2. Train him using positive reinforcement techniques. Be consistent, firm, respectful, and kind.
3. Make sure he gets plenty of mental and physical exercise.
4. Take time to clean his teeth!
5. Encourage him to play and promote Save a Dog, DogTime’s popular Facebook application — it’s free, it’s fun, and it’s providing a chance for shelter animals across the nation.