Didn’t make it to the 2011 Westminster Dog Show in New York City’s Madison Square Garden? You’re in luck, we’ve got the list of winners:
The coveted Best in Show prize went to a Scottish Deerhound named Hickory, a five-year-old female from Virgina.
- Winner in the Working dog category: Ladybug, a Portuguese Water Dog. (Yep, same breed as President Obama’s dog Bo.)
- Winner in the Terrier category: Adam, a Smooth Fox Terrier.
- Winner in the Sporting category: Beckham, a Cocker Spaniel.
- Winner in the Non-sporting category: Jayne, a Chinese Shar-Pei.
- Winner in the Herding category: Mister Baggins, a Bearded Collie.
- Winner in the Toy category: Malachy, a Pekingese.
This year, over 2,600 entrants competed for top honors, and dogs are judged on very specific breed standards, including markings, coat, height, and gait. It’s hard not to get caught up in the excitement. Hickory’s handler, Angela Lloyd, is reported to have said, “It’s the thrill of a lifetime.”