Pet Product Review – Jet Blue – Jet Paws Pet Airline Travel Program
If you’ve been reading my blog, you will have figured out by now my two passions in life are my pets and traveling. I swear every single last dollar goes to either the pets or travel. To combine the two is wonderful. That’s why I applaud Jet Blue. They’re making it easy, safe and rewarding to travel with your pet.
JetBlue Airways just today announced the Jet Paws program as an “in-cabin”, yes “in cabin” program that lets you and your jetset small cat or dog travel in style.
Best of all, your pet earns travel points. So, now when my friend Soo Jin brings her Yorkie named Chanel to visit me in New York, both Soo Jin and Chanel earn points. Who can pass up double miles???? Not me, it just makes dog-gone sense. After all earning more points was the driving factor in which Jet Paws was built on.
Go to http://jetblue.com/jetpaws for more information. There you will find a comprehensive Pet Travel Guide along with a Pet Travel Checklist. Read both! And while you’re there, up load a picture of your pet for the JetBlue Pet Look-Alike photo contest.
To complete the ensemble of travel, and luxury, Jet Blue is working with famous New York Post celebrity columnist Cindy Adams to design the Jet Paws travel carrier and ammenities kit.
Please keep in mind that in order for a program like Jet Paws to work Jet Blue has to set up some rules to make the experience for all travelers a smooth ride.
Here are some of the JetBlue limitations:
- JetBlue accepts up to four small cats or dogs in the cabin of the aircraft on both domestic and international flights.
- The combined weight of the pet and carrier may not exceed 20 pounds.
- Only one pet is allowed per customer and the pet carrier does count as one personal carry-on item.
- For the safety and comfort of all customers, pets must remain in the closed carrier at the airport and in-flight for the entire duration of the trip.
- To book a pet, customers must call the reservations team at 1-800-JETBLUE.
Happy travels! Send me comments on how your trip went! Pictures too!
If you’ve got a pet product you think will pass the Secret Shopper test, send an email to SecretShopperBlog@gmail.com