What dog types of dogs are the most popular on DogTime.com? We checked the traffic reports since January 1 to date and here are the top 10 that had the most page views. Is your favorite on the list?
1. Maltipoo: The Maltipoo is a popular cross of the Maltese and Poodle dog breeds, and is the top-searched dog type on the site.
2. Cockapoo: The first of the “designer dogs,” the Cockapoo is a cross between a Cocker Spaniel and a Poodle.
3. Maltese Shih Tzu: Another cross breed, the Maltese Shih Tzu combines the two titular breeds in one low-shedding package.
4. Bichon Frise: Often mistaken for a Poodle, the Bichon Frise is often recommended for people with allergies.
5. Peekapoo: A cross between a Pekingese and Poodle, the Peekapoo is an excellent watchdog who barks at suspicious activity.
6. Schnoodle: What do you get when you cross a Schnauzer and a Poodle? A solid Terrier who’s extremely loyal, albeit occasionally stubborn.
7. Shih Tzu: Good-natured, friendly, and highly adaptable, the Shih-Tzu plays a prominent role in the acclaimed movie Seven Psychopaths.
8. Poodle: An affectionate dog, the Poodle is a cog breed that has been around for centuries.
9. Labrador Retriever: Dubbed, America’s dog, this jack-of-all-trades pooch is a search-and-rescue dog, assistant for the handicapped, show dog, and friendly, loyal companion.
10. Puggle: A cross between a Pug and Beagle first bred in the 1990s, this pooch can adapt to any kind of home.
For more dog types, please visit the DogTime.com Dog Breed Center.